Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cool new profile...

My commuting 'Young Geisha' was in need of new front tire, she got wobbely in the corners and that's exactly what you don't want in the Amsterdam street jungle... So the misses took the younster to his judo classes and I brought out the wrenches... Time to get my hands dirty again...!!

Here you see why you always keep an case of empty beer bottles in the shed... So took the wheel out and I'm on my way to the rubber dude...

Here's a spy-shot from the guy at the local bikeshop, taking the old rubber off... The winner of choice for the new rubber was the Metzeler 90/90 21 etc...

This gave me the chance to clean the lower leggs also in the inner side where normally the spokes are in the way... Washing the salt and dirt off...
After cleaning the speedometer housing, the axle spacer and re-greasing them and putting some grease on the axle, re-installed the wheel with the new tire... Re-installed the brake calipers and fastend all the bolts to ying yang and back...

So here it is, my brand new profile... Looks like a hedgehog with these little rubbery spikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment