Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cool protection...

When I was young, my father ("...before he left this shitty world...") carried a silver coin in his wallet, in his back pocket of his pants... Through the years the coin became so thin that it fell apart in little pieces...
In theses days I asked him what the coin was for and he told me that it was St Christopher, the protector of travellers... My father did quite some globe trotting, by all means (trucks, cars, boats, motorsickels...), in his life so I guess the coin did him good...
About 20 years ago when I had my first vacation with my girlfriend (now wife), in a French gasstation I ran into a St Christopher keyhanger... I did not hesitate at all, I immediately bought it and still carry it around eversince,
wherever I go...

(Pica source: theworldwidewebbutcustomisedbyme)

No comments:

Post a Comment