Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cool boating...

Today is Sail Amsterdam 2010, for people who don't know what that is... It's a huge boating fest in Amsterdam with a 'sail-in' parade of tallships... Above is the 'Stad Amsterdam'...
The daily route I ride to work,... you guessed it, is (along) the same route as the ships and million of small boats sail today...
They come from allover the world; Oman, Russia, Italy and so on and so on... Millions of spectators are looking for places to park their cars and take their folding chairs to sit along the canal...

I knew the road next to the canal (above) would be oneway and be block on my way home... I didn't know they would try to block me going to work... They thought I would take a detour because of a couple of boats sailing from 10 AM...? Think again...
Just took my normal route, passed some traffic attendents pointing me the other way, and ended up at my work the normal time... The Young Geisha comes in handy again...!!

(Pica source: theworldwidewebster)

No comments:

Post a Comment